University degreeFields of Expertise:
ESL/EFL , Elementary , Curriculum Developer , Science , Math/Physics , Humanities
Details: CIS Armenia International school looks for outstanding and inspirational educators to join our team
from the new educational year starting in September 2018.
----- Our School -----
We are a young school located in the centre of Yerevan offering international private education for
children aged 3 - 15 years old, up to 18 years in the upcoming two years.
From age 5, all our students follow the British curriculum developed by Cambridge Assessment
International Education (CAIE, part of the University of Cambridge).
Our fast growing school community has more than 30 educators. We offer a supportive
atmosphere for our staff, opportunities for professional growth including Cambridge International’s
workshops and training, as well as enriching and rewarding experience. We would actively
consider applications from teaching couples as well.
----- Yerevan -----
Yerevan is the capital of Armenia with population of 1 million people. Armenia. Situated along the
route of the Great Silk Road, it is a landlocked country of rugged mountains and extinct volcanoes,
located in the southern Caucasus, between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea. Armenia has a dry
tropical climate. Mostly clear sunny days are dominant in a year. Summers are hot here, the
temperature fluctuates between +22C to +36C. Winters are mainly cold, the average temperature
is between -15C to -1C.
Culturally, historically and politically, Armenia is considered to be a part of Europe. However, due
to its location in the southern Caucasus, on the conventional boundary between Europe and Asia,
we can say that it’s an intercontinental country. Endowed with rich cultural heritage, Armenia is
considered to be the first country to officially adopt Christianity in the IV century (301).
----- What we offer -----
• Annual salary starting from $ 28.000 to $ 56.000 depending on the role and teaching experience
in the school
• Contract Renewal Bonus
• Travel allowance gross $ 600 annually
• Visa costs reimbursed
• Private medical insurance
• Airport-hotel transfer and short-term free hotel stay provided on your first arrival
• Lunches & cafeteria compensated
• Accommodation allowance gross $ 5.000 annually for singles and $ 8.500 for teaching couples
• Promotion to Leadership positions
----- Our requirements -----
• Native English speakers - only citizens of the UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Ireland, South
• Teaching degree, QTS, PGCE/PGDE or equivalent recognized for the purposes of teaching in
the UK or overseas combined with a minimum of two years’ experience of teaching (exceptional
NQTs may be considered)
• Proven experience in teaching the relevant age group
• Outstanding commitment and ability to engage students and assist in developing their social,
creative and academic skills
• Possession of an up-to-date Police Clearance / DBS certificate from the country of their most
recent teaching post
• To be in a good health
----- Starting date -----
15 August 2018
----- Contract type -----
Full time and fixed term contract
----- Recruitment process -----
Applications will be reviewed on receipt and interviews will take place online by Skype.
Your application should include:
• brief cover letter addressing your experience, skills and the motivation you wish to join CIS
• one page statement of your educational philosophy
• recent photograph