MA in Education/Teach or Qualified Teaching StatusFields of Expertise:
ESL/EFL , Nursery , Elementary , Curriculum Developer , ESL to Children , Kindergarten , Summer Camps , IPC Curriculum Salary:
Academic Coordinator Duty (50% to 70%)
• Monitor the proper implementation of the school’s Early Years and Primary curriculum.
• Participate in student recruitment, selection, placement and academic advising to
students and faculty.
• Plan, implement and monitor field work components of programs.
• Coordinate program team activities and provide an orientation and curriculum
consultation to full-time and part-time faculty.
• Advise the Principal on emerging trends in program curricula and on implementation
strategies for curriculum revision.
• Review with the Principal all matters relating to coordinating activities.
• Provide input to timetabling decisions and preparation.
• Develop and maintain statistical records on program and/or course activities within
his/her jurisdiction and to analyze results as required.
• Identify the need for, and to recommend requirements for, facilities, equipment, supplies
and maintenance of resources.
• Advise the Principal regarding budget decisions affecting program curriculum and
• Coordinate the evaluation of student progress, including recommendations regarding
completion, graduation and registration status.
• Evaluate qualifications of student applicants, as requested, and to make
recommendations regarding their suitability for admission or re-admission to a program
• Participate as a resource person in formal program reviews.
Teaching Duty (30% to 50%)
• Deliver engaging, student centered lessons.
• Align lesson planning to grade and subject specific learning outcomes.
• Prepare lesson plans utilizing a variety of teaching resources and methodologies.
• Differentiate instruction based on both formative and summary assessment of
individual students’ learning needs.
• Use ICT resources during instruction.
• Follow the school’s Health and Safety Policy.
• Participate in school related events as necessary.
• Effectively manage student behavior according to school policies.
• Valid teaching license from country of origin or MA in Teaching / Education.
• One to three year experience as a department head, academic coordinator or head
teacher in an international school.
• Three verifiable references.
• Native English fluency.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work alone and in a team.
• Sensitivity to and respect of cultural differences.
• Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).