Tsinghua International School -Daoxianghu Campus, located in the Haidian section of Beijing and affiliated with Tsinghua University, is a grade 1-12 school providing a unique educational experience for the approximately 700 members of the student body. The school utilizes a progressive/inquiry based, North American approach to instruction coupled with a decidedly Eastern influence. The listed positions are for the new campus and grades K-7 for the 2020-21 school year. THIS is well know for the strong academic program based on the American Common Core Standards and the exceptionally positive ethos of the school where teacher professionalism is utilized in the planning of the curriculum and other aspects of the school program. Professional Development is provided weekly and COLLABORATION not competition is stressed throughout the program and adhered to by both students and staff. THIS is a place for those who care deeply about children and want to grow as professionals. JOIN US FOR WHAT WILL SURELY BE A REWARDING SCHOOL YEAR!!
-MUST CURRENTLY HAVE A WORK OR SPOUSAL VISA FOR CHINA AND BE CURRENTLY PRESENT IN CHINA.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in teaching content area or related
- Primary teachers should have a degree or teaching certificate in Elementary
- Strongly prefer those with a teaching certificate preferably from a university in
the teaching content area.
- Must currently have a work visa or spousal visa in China
- Two years teaching experience unless candidate has a Master’s Degree in
- Must be a native speaker of English for most positions.
-Strongly prefer teachers from the US or Canada but will consider those from
the UK, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Ireland - there are visa
restrictions on hiring from other countries.
-Salary is based on level of education and years of teaching experience. Range
260,000 - 445,404RMB or approximately $37,000 - $64,000 Salary is paid in
certificates are permitted only for ELS teachers and we do need two ELS
Current open positions are:
- Primary homeroom teachers for grades 1-5 who will teach Reading, Writing,
Math and Social Studies
- Middle school and primary - Science (prefer someone with a biology
background or primary teacher with some background in science)
- English/Language Arts - MS (not an ELS position)
- Social Studies
- Math - Singapore Math MS and grades 4 and 5
- Computer Science or Computer Education
- PE only if person has a strong swimming background
- ELS - one grade 7 teacher, one grade 1 and one grades 2,3 and 4 and one