Bachelor degree or aboveFields of Expertise:
ESL/EFL , Elementary , ESL to Children , Kindergarten , TEFL, TESOL, English, Teacher, Trainer, ESL, ESOL Salary:
Do you want to grow yourself professionally with one of the largest EF franchises in
China? Are you excited about living in and experiencing one of the most beautiful cities
that China has to offer? Would you like professional training and support (paid and
provided for 2-week onboarding, quarterly HUB trainings and teambuilding events not to
mention weekly in center ongoing professional development workshops) both inside and
outside of school so as to make your life in China rich and rewarding? Do you want to
give students aged 3-18 their first opportunity to have an English conversation, complete
a treasure hunt using English, deliver a speech about their hopes and dreams for the
future or even instill confidence for them to study abroad?
If you’ve answered yes to these questions, then Hangzhou is the place to be!
There’s a saying in China that goes: “Up there is heaven, down here are Hangzhou and Suzhou.” Hangzhou is located on the coast of Eastern China and is the capital of Zhejiang province. It is a cultural, economic, and educational hub.
It is also one of the most famous tourist cities, thanks to West Lake, one of China’s most famous natural landmarks.
During the Yuan dynasty, it was called the most beautiful and luxurious city in the world by a famous Italian traveller Marco Polo. Having a long history of 2200 years, Hangzhou is one of seven ancient cities in China.
The city is not just famous for its beauty. The food here is simply incredible. Restaurants like The Grandma’s and Green Tea give diners a wonderful taste of Zhejiang province, which is characterised as fresh and a little bit sweet.
Population: 8 million
Public Transportation: 2 major train stations, 1 international airport, 2 subway lines, hundreds of bus routes & taxis
Language: Mandarin, local dialects
Climate: Subtropical, with four distinct seasons
EF Hangzhou Flagship opened in 2001
Teach English in Hangzhou at one of our 8 schools
WHAT MAKES HANGZHOU UNIQUE?
Considered one of the safest and cleanest cities in China
Considered a major transit hub of China—teachers can go anywhere quickly and on the cheap from here
West Lake, the key feature of the city is massive and adds lots of green splendor to the landscape. To admire the beauty of West Lake, visitors can leisurely bike, jog or walk along the paths that circumnavigate the lake
There are a number of small mountains that surround the city, making Hangzhou a great place for people who love to hike. Tucked out-of-sight are many ancient temples and pagodas that are open to visitors
Every year, people line up along the river that runs through the city to see a tidal bore, which often occurs in the fall
Shanghai is only 1 hour away by bullet train
1) Notarized Bachelor’s Degree from the UK, Ireland, the USA, Canada, South Africa,
New Zealand or Australia
2) 120 hour TEFL certificate (or 2 years post graduate certificate) or other teaching
qualification (or willing to obtain one)
3) Notarized and clean criminal background check, valid within 6 months
4) A desire to work hard and play hard!
Salary and Benefits
★★ NET 13,000RMB (entry level) – 18,000RMB (experienced) teacher broken down as
• Salary:11,000 RMB net per month (months 1-12)
• Salary: 12,000 RMB net per month (months 13-15)
• Salary: 13,000 RMB net per month + performance bonus (month 15-24)
• A monthly accommodation stipend 3,000 RMB
• Quarterly performance bonus: up to 2,000 RMB
• Flight allowance of 11,250 RMB (15 months contract) OR 18,000 (2 year contract)
• Contract completion bonus of 12,000 RMB for a 2 year contract
• Staff referral bonus of 5,000 RMB per teacher
• Fully legal work (Z) visa and residence permit
• Initial paid onboard training and continuous professional development program
• 22 days paid holiday annually (15 months contract) OR 24 days paid holiday annually (2 years
• Comprehensive medical insurance
• Free Mandarin lessons both face to face and online with a native Chinese teacher
• Airport pick-up and logistics support
• On-going training and academic support
• Promotion opportunities within the EF network
* Promotion opportunities in our ever-expanding franchise – those who want to develop,
we create the opportunities to do so!