We are looking for 3 new ESL teachers to start next semester (arrive in China late August 2018).
Wuhan is a hub city right in the center of the most highly populated portion of China, but is itself a
quiet yet modern city. High Speed train lines can get you to Beijing or Guangzhou/Shenzhen in
around 5 hours. Or how about ultra modern Shanghai, the beautiful island of Xiamen, Xi’an and
the Terracotta Warriors, Yichang and the famous 3 Gorges Dam, or Chengdu and the Panda Zoo.
All serviced by high speed rail, all connecting right here in Wuhan.
And, there’s plenty to do in Wuhan too. Multiple cultural attractions, museums, and landmarks,
including the famous Yellow Crane Tower, and the Han Street Show Theater. A good nightlife, lots
of gorgeous parks, walkways and greenways... You won’t be bored.
Hubei University of Technology is on the quieter edge of Wuhan near farmlands, yet we have
modern shopping centers like Walmart and Carrefour just 10 minutes away, and 30 minutes puts
you in the heart of Wuhan’s Central Culture District.
HBUT itself is a green, modern campus. As a public university, we offer the most stable
environment of all educational institutions in China. While we insist our teachers are properly
qualified, we also ensure your visa and other paperwork is maintained correctly and on time for as
long as you stay with us. We pay for it too!
HBUT provides a relaxed atmosphere for our teachers, and students. Once you arrive, we take
you under our wing, starting with a car pickup at the airport. We assign a bilingual student to help
you with your daily routine. We also have a full time westerner employed in our administration to
help you interface with students, staff, and life in general.
We provide you with a modern (built in 2015) air conditioned apartment, with free utilities including
WiFi/Internet. Studio apartments for singles, 2-bedroom for couples, all including the essentials
such as washing machine, flat screen TV, fully equipped kitchen, and western-style
bathroom/toilet. Anything breaks, we take care of it promptly for you.
You live right next to the campus, with local convenience stores, vegetable, fruit, and meat vendors
1 block away. And 5 on-campus multi-level cafeteria complexes all sporting a wide variety of
Chinese meals for just 10 yuan (about $1.50) or less.
Here’s what we need from you:
* Bachelors degree or higher
* Be a native English speaker. We look for clear accents and good grammar.
* Have 2 years teaching experience, OR hold a recognized T.E.F.L certificate.
* Clean criminal record.
* Available for a minimum of 1 year contract.
* Teach oral or written English for 20 class-hours (45 min. periods) per week.
* A passion for teaching and a good attitude.
HBUT is also the sole authorized training center in Central China for the “T.E.F.L in China” course;
the T.E.F.L credential preferred by the Chinese government. If you need a T.E.F.L certificate, there is a
path available to start this process before you leave home. This can be very helpful in getting your
required Z-Visa to enter China for work.
Here’s what we will do for you (amounts in CNY):
* 7,000 base pay per month. More for higher degrees and expertise.
* 100 per month accumulating increase for every year you renew.
* 2,000 – approximate per-month value of studio apartment with utilities.
* Premium quality medical insurance
(eg up to 400,000 cover for illness requiring hospitalization).
* Return airfare reimbursement to your home – up to 12,000 per year.
* Airport pickup when you first arrive.
* A team of bilingual student assistants to support you.
* A single student assigned to you specifically.
* A full time westerner to help you “assimilate”.
* Free Chinese lessons (all levels).
* Opportunities to earn additional income:
– Special classes.
– Write Articles, etc.
Once you arrive, we take care of everything. We deal with all of the bureaucracy, paperwork, fees
(except a one-time medical check-up), and deal with any changes.
We go to great lengths to provide our teachers a pleasant, safe, stress-free teaching environment
and life here at HBUT, and in Wuhan.
Contact us today to apply, or just to ask questions. We’re eager to meet you!
Apply: email@example.com http://en.hbut.edu.cn/index.php?a=lists&catid=10