Muscat Training Institute
BA, MA, CELTA, DELTAFields of Expertise:
ESL/EFL , IELTSSalary:
Muscat Training Institute
London Training Institute is one of Oman’s largest English language centers and maintains a reputation as one of the country’s premier English schools based on the quality of its teaching, curriculum, support services and facilities.
Muscat Training Institute specialises in preparing students for IELTS preparation at our award-winning IELTS testing facilities. The institute also provides English language intensive courses for overseas students in Oman that are endorsed by the Ministry of Manpower.
Job Summary & Schedule:
Full-time IELTS Instructors are required IMMEDIATELY for a short-term contract. The program will be delivered at the premises of one of our prestigious clients here in Muscat, for a duration of 2 months.
A standard week is 45-hour per week, 25 of these hours will be contact teaching hours. The rest of your hours will be admin hours to prepare lesson plans, marking, examination preparation and other administrative duties as required.
The schedule for this particular program will be 7:00am to 4:00pm (comprising of 5 daily hours of teaching and three hours admin). Fridays and Saturdays will be off.
- Delivery of IELTS Courses and IELTS Practice Exams.
- Lesson planning and development of class related materials.
- Administration of tests as well as invigilating and grading of tests.
- Provision of student feedback and support both verbally and in writing
- Completion of student reports based on continuous and final assessments
- Tracking and reporting of student attendance
- Other related administrative duties as required for the job
Based on the qualification criteria set by the Ministry of Manpower here in Oman, candidates MUST have the following educational qualifications:
- A Master’s Degree in TESOL/Applied Linguistics
- A BA in English, Education or TESOL and a certificate in CELTA, DELTA or a ESL related Teaching Certification.
IMPORTANT: Candidates with previous IELTS Training experience will be highly prioritized as the curriculum will mostly be IELTS based.
- Applicants must be Native English Speakers, with three years plus English language teaching experience with adults and/or young adult learners.
- Due to visa stipulations, teachers must be between the ages of 25 – 59 years of age
- Knowledgeable of the subject area
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey information accurately, clearly and as intended to the learner.
- Dedicated to creating a good learning environment for all students by deliver interactive and engaging lessons, to the highest standard.
- Professional attitude at all time, with a willingness to learn about the Omani culture especially if no previous Middle Eastern experience.
- Respectful at all times to the students’ needs, their culture, knowledge and opinions.
- Good organizational, time management and classroom management skills.
- Team player with the ability to communicate and work effectively with other teachers, and administrative staff as well as the ability to work effectively as an individual.
- You must be able to start your duties on February 1, 2021
- Flights to and from Muscat will be provided
- a fully furnished hotel 1 bedroom hotel apartment will be provided for independent accommodation
Salary: depending on qualifications and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree: 900 OMR Tax Free salary plus 30 OMR transportation allowance
- Master’s Degree 950 OMR Tax Free salary plus 30 OMR transportation allowance