Fields of Expertise:
ESL/EFL , Curriculum Developer , ESL to Children , High School , Salary:
Want to Teach English Abroad? Experience Ayutthaya, Thailand Competitive Salary & Time to Explore
Are you energetic, hard-working, and fun? Is English your native language? Do you love working with children? Are you looking for the experience of a lifetime?
Then come teach English in Ayutthaya, Thailand!
English Along The Way is a registered recruitment agency that is looking for inspired teachers who want to immerse themselves in Thai culture and make a different with local Thai students at government schools in the country’s ancient capital.
What’s So Great About Ayutthaya?
This small, charming city is situated about 1.5 hours north of Bangkok. It’s one of the most popular places to visit in Thailand for its rich history, beautiful, ancient ruins scattered about the city, and the tastiest street food in the whole country.
Ayutthaya’s low cost of living attracts teachers who want to save and/or travel during holidays. You can rent a spacious, central apartment for less than 200 USD per month. And in case you’re wondering, it’s a safe city, perfect for the first-time or lone traveller, and there is an awesome community of expats and cool places to hang out.
• A four or eight month contract, you get to choose (May-Sept and/or Nov-Feb).
• Monthly salary of 31K-34K Thai Baht (approximately 1000-1100 USD), depending on your teaching experience.
• Teach 20-24 hours a week, Monday-Friday with time for prep (7:30-4:00).
• Choice of teaching Primary or Secondary ESL.
• Weekends off and a one-month unpaid holiday for teachers who sign 2 four-month contracts.
• Thai teaching permit, working visa and full assistance obtaining it.
• Pick up from airport or bus/train station.
• Assistance with finding accommodation and adjustment to Thai culture and way of life.
• An pre-developed curriculum to guide your lesson planning.
• In-class Thai teaching assistant or support.
• Professional development opportunities and ongoing support.
You must meet the following requirements to be considered:
• Bachelor’s Degree in any field of study.
• Native English speaker from one of the following countries: USA, UK, Ireland New Zealand, Canada, Australia, or South Africa)
• 21-40 years old
We prefer candidates who also have:
• TEFL / TESOL certification.
• Teaching experience.
• An ability to plan and organize lessons, engage students, teach from and evaluate students’ learning activities.
• A keen interest in and open-minded attitude toward living and working in a different culture.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit the following documents:
• A recent photo (taken within 6 months)
• Scan of your university degree and TEFL/TESOL certificate
• Scan of the first page of your passport
Please feel free to contact Joy (owner of English Along The Way Recruitment) with any questions