Fields of Expertise:
ESL/EFL , Salary:
We are International Sunshine Home, a bilingual Montessori-inspired school for kids ages 2-6 looking for amazing English and Science teachers. Salaries range up to 23,000 yuan plus a 2,000-yuan monthly housing allowance, annual airfare incentive, 22 personal leave days, a moving stipend, a work visa, repayment of visa fees, insurance and a re-sign bonus for a second annual contract. Lunch, snacks and coffee are free.
We provide a curriculum, an academic outline (in 3-week blocks), sample lesson plans, in-class activities and printable materials, though we invite qualified teachers to tailor the class to their strengths and preferences.
The class size for all our classes is capped at 18 students, with two assistant teachers for each class. The student-teacher ratio is 6:1. Teachers are given 3 hours of prep time for every 4 hours of class, and a one-hour break per day.
The work schedule varies according to the position. Teachers work an eight-hour day for five consecutive days per week. Lead teaching hours start at 15 hours per week. More hours are available for teachers who wish to earn more income.
Xiamen is a subtropical island off the coast of China. Summers are hot and our winters are cool (it never snows). The climate, weather and size of the city are similar to Jacksonville, Florida. Xiamen is one of China’s most livable cities!
We hire teachers eligible for Z (work) visas in Fujian province per the Board of Education. Teachers must have a university degree, a passport from a native-English speaking country, a criminal record check and either an authenticated TEFL certificate OR 2 years of post-university teaching experience.
• Salary - Up to 23,000 yuan / month (dependent on certifications, experience, desired workload)
• Housing - 2,000 yuan / month
• Moving stipend - 2,500 yuan (with first paycheck)
• Airfare - 6,000 yuan / 12-month contract
• Visa - Costs repaid after probation for notarization, authentication, visa, etc. (exc. shipping & time)
• Insurance - Comprehensive public & private insurance
• Holidays - 22 personal days, 11 national holidays
• Re-sign incentive - 1 month’s salary (with salary for month 10 of second year)
• Annual raise - up to 10 percent, based on performance review
• Meals - Lunch and snacks provided (vegetarian meals available upon request)
• Training - Free professional education program; free Chinese classes
Our cumulative second-year pay is a significant bump that exceeds 10 percent (bonus plus raise) because we encourage teacher retention.