BachelorsFields of Expertise:
ESL/EFL , Elementary , ESL to Children , Kindergarten ,
Details: Giraffe English is looking for passionate, capable, and enthusiastic teachers to join our dynamic
team of educators. With Giraffe, you can live abroad in one of the
world’s most exciting cities, gain valuable experience, and focus on improving yourself
and advancing your career—all while having fun and being silly with kids!
We know that teaching ESL isn’t everyone’s long-term career goal. With our
comprehensive training program and countless opportunities for advancement, our goal
is for you to leave Giraffe with a stronger resume and more defined sense of purpose
than when you began, whether you dream of becoming a teacher or a CEO.
This is more than just the opportunity to live abroad - this is the opportunity to create
something, develop yourself, and gain a network of incredible like-minded people.
Giraffe English is a prominent player in the Taiwanese market of English training schools (with over
700 locations), and we’ve brought the best of that success to China. Giraffe English Shanghai
operates as the flagship school for over 40 Giraffe locations in
Mainland China, and with a small but growing number of branches in the city, there is
plenty of room for advancement.
Most of our students range in age from 3-12 years old, with young learners making up
the majority of our student population. We recently began a new course, called Speak
Up, which is geared towards older students who have learned the language and now
want to gain confidence in their skills. During this course we teach drama, public
speaking, and debating; and we are always looking for teachers with special
backgrounds in any of these areas.
Who We Are
We have a staff of over 200 individuals, with jobs ranging from teaching and
management to IT and videography. In addition to our amazing Chinese and Taiwanese staff, our
foreign teaching department has representatives from Australia, New Zealand, the U.K., Canada,
the U.S., Ireland, and South Africa. This creates a very dynamic and international working
environment, and fosters a sense of community that can be hard to find elsewhere.
Throughout the year, Giraffe hosts a number of cultural, athletic, and leisure events
exclusively for members of the Giraffe team to show appreciation for all the hard work
everyone puts in. We take a company trip every spring, host badminton tournaments,
hold events such as Giraffe Prom and holiday dinners, and let’s not forget the highlight of the
Giraffe calendar—the award-show style annual meeting. There are countless ways to get involved,
and even among the foreign teaching department there are small interest groups such as a book
club, soccer, and Game of Thrones viewing parties.
Be sure to check out our website or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram to learn more!
* Bachelors degree from an accredited university
* Must be a native-level English speaker
* Must enjoy working with children
* Must be open to new experiences
* TEFL Certificate preferred
* Competitive industry salary between 15,000 and 17,000CNY
* Real opportunities for salary increases
* 30 hour work week with full-time benefits
* Paid leave during Chinese national holidays
* Unpaid personal leave also available
* Contract completion bonus of up to one month’s salary
* Chinese Work Residency Permit provided
* One-way flight provided for overseas applicants
* Airport pick-up, hotel accommodations for two weeks, and housing search assistance
* Arrival support and continuous living support from our dedicated team
* Opportunities for career progression
* Chinese lessons